Continuous Improvement Goals
Foxview School Improvement Goals 2021-22
Literacy Continuous Improvement
We will deliver balanced literacy instruction using the Gradual Release of Responsibility framework to develop critical reading, writing, speaking, listening and language skills with all students. Progress will be measured on Vocabulary Acquisition and Use Anchor Language Standards 5.2/6.2 and 5.3/6.3. Our instructional focus is on the strategies students need to solve and understand unfamiliar words and the transfer of those strategies to independent literacy tasks.
- Anchor Standard L2: Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases in grade level reading and content, use context clues, analyze meaningful word parts, and apply word solving
- strategies (for meaning) as appropriate.
- Anchor Standard L3: Demonstrate an understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
5th and 6th grade students will meet grade level proficiency measured by the Foxview Reading Benchmark Assessment with a 3 out of 4 on each subsection on the end of year benchmark assessment or demonstrate an overall growth of 50% of the difference between their score from the fall to spring benchmark assessment. The formula for this growth is (fall score / 2 = growth + spring score) by June, 2022.
Math Continuous Improvement
On district benchmark assessments (administered three times during the year) 5 th and 6th grade students will demonstrate a score of 75% or above by the end of the year benchmark assessment or demonstrate growth of 50% of the difference between their score and 100 from fall to spring benchmark assessment. The formula for this growth is: (100 - fall score) / 2 by June, 2022.
Student Engagement Continuous Improvement
We will continue to implement PBIS and the Foxview Voyageur Way through our equitable Multi-Level System of Support (MLSS). We will teach, model, and reinforce expected behaviors and skills in all settings, as well as utilize data to select and implement specific interventions, so that all students are connected and successful at Foxview. Address bullying and teasing through universal SEL instruction and inclusive classroom communities, so that less than 10% of students report incidents on student surveys.
- Continue to incorporate SEL, including growth mindset and perseverance, into universal instruction with 100% of teachers and students participating on a weekly basis.
- Improve student connections, according to the annual Student Survey, by decreasing the percent of students reporting no connection to staff at all.